Muhammad Khurram Khan
- Zaheema Iqbal (Co-ordinator)
- Amanullah Quadri
- Fajri Kurniawan
- Farhan Khan
- Afeera Firdous
- Wazir Zada Khan
- Hammaad Salik
- Mubeen Ashraf
- Eduardo Izycki
- Hassan Tariq
- Olatunji Osunji
- Muhammad Arslan Akram
- Shenita R. Freeman
- Ghayda Bafail
SIG on Cyber Capacity & Capability Building (CyCap)
Reports, Papers, Briefings
- Artificial intelligence (AI) has become a hallmark technology in tackling epidemics and pandemics and COVID-19 is one of the most perilous amongst them. This paper provides an argument on how AI has been used to tackle COVID-19 since its outbreak in late 2020.
- Across the world, mega corporations and tech leaders have assumed control of a growing treasure trove of personal data. Recent surveys suggest citizens are both aware and concerned by this, however data protection rules in North America have fallen behind the rest of the world. The newly introduced Bill C-11 (Digital Charter Implementation Act, 2020) could finally address these concerns and offer better protections for Canadian internet users and become a beacon for the rest of the world.
- This opinion paper provides an directions and future trends of global cybersecurity that will develop in 2021. It gives insight how the cybersecurity landscape will evolve and how rapidly growing technologies are promoting to increase the number of cyber-criminals and further sophistication of the methods of committing cybercrimes.
- This opinion paper highlights challenges in monitoring, analyzing and securing critical infrastructure of the aviation sector. In the paper suggested that it is crucial to ensure cybersecurity for the civil aviation. All stakeholders, in particular, public and private sectors as wells as the representatives of academia should be involved in the process of protecting critical infrastructure.
- This opinion paper discusses critical pieces of personal information can be mis-used resulting in theft of one’s identity and in turn used for legally questionable purposes. Despite the risk, technological organizations and social media platforms treat personal data irresponsibly, and reports indicate sharing of personal information with third parties and storing it on online public forums where, it is nearly impossible to expunge.
- This commentary discuss how post COVID-19 will be vital for all countries and especially for the post-soviet and Eastern European countries to review their approaches related to cybersecurity strategies and political frontier. The recommendations are outlined for a systemic revamping of existing confided cybersecurity approach.
- This white paper present how blockchain technology can create a new wall against cyber threats on military and nuclear installations.
- This white paper enunciates the imperative impacts of COVID-19 on the digital lives of every individual globally and provides recommendations how to get prepared in cyber realm for the future in the wake of any pandemic or natural disaster.
- In this policy brief, we discussed the concerns that entail the race to control the emerging 5G technology and its potential impact across the world. Also, we outlined the strategic recommendations to effectively regulate the technology and its successors.
- This policy brief highlights there are many areas where decentralize control or sharing can open new economic models where value exchange does matter, especially in the era of the fourth industrial revolution. Since Blockchain technology is at a very early stage, therefore humans have to identify how and where this technology could fill the trust gap.
- This paper shares an insight gained through analysis of cybersecurity attacks on various oil and gas companies, including the lessons learned as preemptive measures. This paper helps the oil and gas industry to defend its most valuable assets and data from digital disruption in upstream, midstream, and downstream sectors.
- This policy brief discuss some characteristics and key challenges to assist cyber accelerators. Then, some recommendations are provided to built a robust cybersecurity initiatives.
- This policy brief provides with some recommendations to enable global women to work and excel in cybersecurity field after the announcement of ‘Women’s Global Development and Prosperity Initiative’ by the US Government
- This policy brief highlights the Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies from a technological perspective, followed by its misuse and abuse. Outlines the way forward of how law and order agencies can use this technology instead of avoiding it.
- This policy study analyzes the historical evolution of IT in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the current scenario of the cybersecurity, the initiatives and investments and more importantly the cybersecurity readiness and gaps. Lastly, provides recommendations to augment the cybersecurity of the country.
- This policy study points to the gaps in the human capital for cybersecurity in Saudi Arabia and outlines the recommendations as to how women, have an edge if applied to cybersecurity. Also, recommendations are prescribed for how women can easily prepare for it.